Thursday, February 12, 2009

Workshop Assignment



I bought my first album a very long time ago. It had to be back in high school. And although I am an avid music lover, I can not for the life of me remember which album it may have been. So I'll talk about all of them.
I love music. I love identifying with various songs out there, and we all do. Music is one of those few universal things that can bring humanity together. Take teenagers from all over the world and put them in a room together with nothing but music and they will bond. They will find that when it comes down to it, there are no differences between all of us that matter.
Yes, the ability of music to soothe the inner beast within all of us, and to start a person's toes to tapping and make their mouth start to curl at the corners just a bit, is non-discriminate. Music does not see skin color. Music does not see gender. Music does not see borders or nationalities. Music does not see religions. Music does not see handicaps or diseases. Music does not see social castes or economic brackets. Music just is.
"Hell man, how can you stand to think that way? Did you really think about it before you made the rules?" Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Head on over to Mama Kat's to play

3 comments:

  1. Cool post. It sort of goes with mine today :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it would be that easy to bring all people together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, music is one of the things that binds our family together.

    Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete