Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gone fishing!

New Shoes Blues
by stu pidasso
28Jan2010

Some friends came by the other day

and asked if I would like to play.

So we loaded up to go to the lake

we got there fast, make no mistake.


But something wasn't on the up and up

something is afoot, I ain't no pup!

That's when they grabbed and held me fast

and gave me shoes to be my last.


They were a perfect fit, a 9

two bags o' cement and bound with twine

two cold beers, some cursing and tears

last words before we clear your arrears?


I owe, I know, I'm sorry, bro!

I'll pay it all if you let me go!

I'll slave and work and pay my debt

Too little, too late, You're all wet!


2 comments:

  1. I am not a great fan of order/neatness. Where rhymes are so purrrrrrfect and everything seems to flow so beautifully. Of course I am just jealous! Ha!
    I am liking this, you. I am liking that amongst the darkenss, there is humour woven through; too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah. I went a bit far with the rhyming scheme in this one, but the attempt was more for the obvious humor and less for the poetic style. And I thought the photo was hilarious.

    stu p

    ReplyDelete