Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Texas wants you anyway!

I can not begin to imagine being from anywhere else but Texas. I was born here, raised here and I will die here. I might not always live here, but I will die here. We have the coast on the Gulf of Mexico. We've got the Fort Davis Mountains. We've got a plethora of rivers and lakes (most man-made, but still). We've got sand dunes and hill country. We've got big cities and small towns. We've got the Cowboys and Texans; Spurs, Mavericks and Rockets; Rangers and Astros; and even the Stars. We have FC Dallas and the Dynamos, Texas Motor Speedway, The Longhorns and The Red River Rivalry. We have Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and the boys. We have ZZ Top and Steve Miller. We had SRV for the short time he graced all of our lives. We have Palo Duro Canyon, Needle Rock, Gruene Hall, Billy Bob's, Gilley's and the USS Texas. Of course, we have snakes and parasites, mosquitoes and deer ticks, the Bushes and Clayton Williams. SO not everything is a blessing, but I love it and don't care to have anything else but Texas. ALL TEXAS ALL THE TIME!

So here is my video tribute to all those who are so perplexed about why I love it so, sang to you by one of our home grown talents. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

1 comment: